Wednesday, May 23, 2012

THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO THE CARNITAS' SNACK SHACK


Talk about pigging out. My boyfriend and I stopped by the much-a-buzzed Carnitas' Snack Shack last week in North Park and went hog wild. 

Ok, I'll stop the pig jokes now.

This cool outdoor dining area, or "shack", as they like to call it, is one of our new favorites. The entire menu is built around pork and if you are like me, anything with bacon in it makes you a happy camper.

Their menu changes often based on what food they can source locally. I had the BLT which was stuffed with bacon, crispy ham, veggies and their signature aioli {can anyone ever go wrong with aioli?} on toasted brioche. Kim had the burger which is topped with cheddar, aioli and bacon jam {yes, bacon jam, I will marry you}. Both were huge, juicy and deilsh. Don't skip their tangy fries either- that's an order! 

Overall, great addition to the neighborhood. 

{Every time I write about food I feel like the lady who wrote the Olive Garden review- if you haven't read it you must!}

3 comments:

  1. looks delish! my kind of food. I'm so happy when other people write about what's in their neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def. try it out if you come down to San Diego! I need to start posting more neighborhood posts like you do!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that place looks great! I love all the wood paneling. Gosh, that sounds so 70's! However, in this updated version, it really does look great. You're making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: