Tuesday, May 8, 2012

THE SHOPS AT TARGET


The Shops have taken over Target. I've been hearing about this new collaboration where Target is making selected boutiques from around the country accessible to everyday people like myself and had to check it out. Sometimes their special designer lines get me all hot and bothered (like the Missoni line) and other times I can do without. Last night I took a little field trip to see if it was worth the hype. Note: taking a late night trip to Target with no shopping list is never a good idea. Wallet beware.

The Privet House (numbers 1, 3, 6 & 7) was by far my favorite line. They have some high-quality interior and exterior gems. The Connecticut-based boutique has patterns that are fun and the colors are bright. I picked up some of their jute white chevron place mats for my new pad. As tempting as the poufs were, I had to walk away.

The Webster, a Miami boutique (number 5), had some fun summer clothes with loud patterns- notably dresses. Sadly they were all too short for my nearly six foot height.

Boston's very own Polka Dog Bakery (number 4) was my other favorite. I got Otis some branch chew toys and a new collar- spoiled boy. The colors were great, which I will continue to pretend he cares about.

There are two other brands included in The Shops- Cos Bar from Aspen and The Candy Store from San Francisco (number 2). I unfortunately didn't see either of these at my local store. Probably a good thing because, hello my name is Marit and I'm a candy addict.

If you pick anything up from this line let me know, I'd love to hear what every one else is feeling about it.

3 comments:

  1. Love all these new lines at Target! Just bought one of the dresses from "the webster"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even hear about The Shops. Thanks for pointing it out, now I have to hit the nearest Target store over the weekend to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just saw a commercial for The Shops at Target. I was just in Target today and I only saw the Candy Store line. Though, I wasn't really looking that hard for the other brands. I tell you, Target does it again. It's a great way to get otherwise local brands to a mass audience. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: