Thursday, May 31, 2012

SUMMERTIME AND THE LIVIN'S EASY



If I had my way, this is what my summer wardrobe would consist of. Easy, classic and colorful pieces perfect for cocktails on the roof with friends, days at the beach and backyard BBQs.

I'm going home to Minnesota on Saturday and because of that, it finally feels like summer is here. Working full-time in a warm climate sometimes makes me feel like I don't get a real summer. It all seems to blend together and before I know it, it's Halloween. Knowing I'll get a few days off to kick-start the season, in a place that is hotter than here right now, makes me feel optimistic about this summer. I absolutely love and miss how excited and cheerful everyone in the Midwest gets when summer arrives and the days get longer and the nights get warmer. True appreciation!

I hope I can learn a thing or two and remember how to take full advantage of the warm breezy nights and sun-soaked days. Crossing my fingers and toes for none of that San Diego "June Gloom" non-sense when I return.

01. red stripe shift dress
02. dots tote
03. teal watch
04. polka dot dress
05. stripe backless dress
06. studded cuff
07. red and brown sandals 

6 comments:

  1. I love that watch!! Aqua is my favourite colour ^_^ I think teal is quite a dark colour unless anthro got it muddled up. I love the colour used in your banner too. Im visiting from Blogging your way

    Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Thanks for the nice words! Loving BYW 2!

      Delete
  2. That watch and that bag have been on my list for a while now... and now i'm adding those sandals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: