Wednesday, January 4, 2012

on the twelfth day of christmas: home for the holidays

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... 12 drummers drumming, 11 pipers piping, 10 lords-a-leaping, 9 ladies dancing, 8 maids-a-milking, 7 swans-a-swimming, 6 geese a-laying, 5 golden rings, 4 calling bird{y}s, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.


Back in sunny San Diego after an adventurous trip back to my homeland, Minnesota. I spent 10 days with family and friends and filled my time by celebrating the holiday with my family's Swedish traditions, catching up with people I don't see nearly enough, eating, practicing my dance moves with my niece and nephews and getting lots of rest. And although it wasn't the white Christmas you would expect in Minnesota, and I ran into a travel nightmare on the way home, it was still a great time that I'll never forget. 


While I was away, I gave myself a break and completely checked out of work and blogging but am happy to get back into my routine. To finish off my 12 days of Christmas posts, I have posted some photos below of my perfect holiday week home. I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. 2012, here we go! May it be a happy, healthy and fun year for us all.


I can't wait to share photos with you from my fabulous New Years Eve night out with friends in Minneapolis. Post coming soon...




Check out my other 12 Days of Christmas posts here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: