Say hello to your inner Martha with a festive pumpkin bowl. Really, who wouldn't want to eat out of a pumpkin? They make everything cuter.
I used one to serve my pumpkin soup recipe but they could be used for so many other purposes (think Thanksgiving serving bowls). It's seriously simple and adds that special something-something to all your favorite fall dishes.
Pumpkin Bowl Recipe:
- 1 small pie pumpkin (you can use any size pumpkin depending on the size of your dish)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper mixture
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub pumpkin with olive oil and salt/pepper mixture.
- Even out bottom of pumpkin by cutting off any uneven edges to allow pumpkin to stand straight (see picture). Don't cut more than 1/2 inch or so to avoid puncturing.
- Place water at the bottom of shallow baking pan and insert pumpkin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut hole in top of pumpkin, large enough to serve as a bowl.
- Remove top, peel out inside with a spoon.
- If you puncture the bottom of the pumpkin while spooning out, don't fear, you can cover with tin foil to repair the hole.
- Spoon in the dish of your choice.