Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WEDDING WEDNESDAY // PINTEREST TIPS FOR BRIDES-TO-BE

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Pinterest can be both your best friend and your worst enemy when it comes to wedding planning (in my humble opinion). There are SO many ideas out there - GREAT ideas - just remember that you can't use all of them! And that's the tricky part my friend. I've decided to share with you some tips on how I recommend using Pinterest throughout the exciting and oftentimes daunting process of wedding planning.

1 // At the beginning of the process begin following wedding bloggers that inspire you and go crazy with your pinning - decide what looks you do and definitely don't like. You will begin to see a pattern. My favorite wedding blogs are Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, Wedding Chicks, 100 Layer Cake and Once Wed.

2 // Pick a theme. And stick to it. This was hard for me - it really wasn't until I started talking to my coordinator, Nicole, that I realized how all over the place my ideas were. I wanted a modern, rustic, vintage, sparkly, neutral, ranchey wedding. HA. What a mess that would have been. I started my own private Pintrest board (you can do that now!) and started pinning all the things I knew I wanted, along with pictures of my venue to see what the natural colors were and how the things I was choosing would go with it.

Once you see what your choices look like next to each other you will see if they go together...or not. Add and subtract from there.

3 // You will see so many unique ideas on Pintrest - many that are DIY. For DIY projects, go out and buy the materials and try making it yourself before committing. Unfortunately many of the projects you will see on blogs or websites do not look as great when you do it yourself. There were a few things, like DIY garland that I thought I wanted but once I tried making it it looked like crap and super cheap. Don't wait until the last minute to do these projects. You may be very bummed out by the outcome.

4 // Start a private Pinterest board with your wedding coordinator. This has been fun. Both Nicole and I post great ideas when we see them and we can comment back and forth about our ideas - with nobody else seeing our ideas at work!

5 // For bloggers, if you are doing DIY projects for your wedding, wait until after to share online. You don't want your guests to see all the fun you have up your sleeves, and hello, blog and Pinterest content for later! Be sure to take "how-to" pictures of the project while you are doing it so you have them for later. And of course, lots of pictures of your projects at the wedding itself to see your DIY in action.

6 // Once you are a few months out, back off of Pinterest. It's likely that you have already finalized your plans and you don't want to be overwhelmed last minute by a rush of new ideas. I'm sure whatever you have is perfect. I've found myself getting sick of some of the ideas I had from the beginning and wanting something new just do have something else to focus on and worry about. Don't do that to yourself.

What are your Pinterest wedding tips? Please do share!

Follow along with my wedding Pinterest board here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: