Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WEDDING WEDNESDAYS // THE GREEN RIBBON PARTY PLANNING CO.


One of the first things we did after booking our venue was search for a coordinator. Most of our wedding is going to be DIY and the venue provides nothing but the actual space. That means we need to have every last detail planned out - who sets up the tables, when should the cake go out, where do you find event servers, etc...

So many of our friends and family have offered to help on the day of, which we're so thankful for and will absolutely be accepting, but I knew we'd need someone to be in charge of the day and make sure the execution stays true to our vision - conduct the day if you will! I started my search on The Knot and Craigslist and the people that I kept finding were really a dime a dozen - had claimed to do event coordinating but had no references, pictures, ideas...you get the picture.

Then one day I came across this post on Style Me Pretty and knew that I needed the help from whoever was behind this beautiful wedding.

Enter Nicole from The Green Ribbon Party Planning Co.

After talking to her about our vision, budget and ideas I knew we had met our match. We immediately booked her and she has been so so helpful ever since. Spending hours with me on Facetime discussing every little detail, giving us so many great ideas and also (thankfully!) telling me when my ideas are not going to work.

We haven't even had our wedding yet, but I can already tell that having a professional coordinator or planner (especially when your venue doesn't provide an on-site one) is a must.

Stop by Nicole's website to see the rest of her gorgeous events or email her about her services at nicole@greenribbonparties.com.

*Photography by Katie Vowels for Annie McElwain Photography

163 days to go! Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: