Tuesday, December 20, 2011

on the ninth day of christmas: simple hostess gift

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... 9 ladies dancing, 8 maids-a-milking, 7 swans-a-swimming, 6 geese a-laying, 5 golden rings, 4 calling bird{y}s, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

dish towel from west elm, photo by marit
Planning to bring the host of an upcoming holiday party a bottle of wine? Well why not make it pretty! I love the simplicity of wrapping a wine bottle in a cute dish towel as a gift. This way your host not only has something delicious to sip on but something pretty to clean up with as well.

The photo above is of my hostess gift to my friend Elizabeth who had me over for a fun girls (and dogs) night last weekend. You can also check out her guest DIY snow globe post here.

Cheers. {m}

Check out my other 12 days of Christmas posts here:

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool alternative to simple dropping the bottle in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a a sweet simple idea. i'll be copying this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Share your thoughts: